Virtual Plungers are encouraged to participate as an individual or with friends, family, and colleagues. As a Virtual Plunger, you will fundraise and receive the coveted Plunge sweatshirt but will have the ability to be creative and film your own (filming not required).
Here’s how to get started:
- Register online for $25 to get started and set up a customizable fundraising page
- The great news is the $25 registration fee counts toward the $110 minimum, meaning only $85 more needs to be raised which you can add as an additional donation during the checkout process ($10 is used toward shipping incentives).
- Once registered, share your fundraising page with family and friends via email and social media. Track donations right from your fundraising page, respond to donors and monitor fundraising progress as you get closer to the $110 minimum.
- Don’t stop there! As you raise more money for Special Olympics New Jersey, you will also earn some fresh Polar Bear Plunge incentives. Check out the Plunge Incentive page to see what you can earn.
- Decide how you want to complete your virtual plunge. Will it be water balloons, a kiddie pool, super soakers…be creative.
- FILM YOUR PLUNGE: Film yourself plunging at home. View our best practices to assist in your filming.
- SUBMIT YOUR PLUNGE: Upload your amazing virtual plunge here.
ALL VIRTUAL PLUNGERS, INCLUDING TEAMS AND TEAM MEMBERS, MUST RAISE THE MINIMUM TO PARTICIPATE.
Virtual Plunge Options:
Here’s your chance to get creative.
- Bucket of ice water
- Super soakers
- Water balloons
- Sprinkler run
- Kiddie pool/Swimming pool
- Ice bath
- Water hose spray
Virtual plungers qualify for fundraising incentives. Once registered, share your fundraising page with family and friends via email and social media. Track donations right from your fundraising page, respond to donors and monitor fundraising progress as you get closer to the $110 minimum. But don’t stop there. Check out this year’s fundraising incentives to see what you can earn!
All incentives will ship 2-4 weeks after February 26.
Filming Best Practices
In our new virtual world, the demand for video and digital content has increased exponentially. By now, we are sure that you have the hang of video recording, but if you are still new to the whole video thing, keep the following tips in mind when filming your Virtual Plunge at home!